Menu Close

Bereavement Services

When a family member passes, dealing with bureaucracy is the last thing people want to do, but it is unavoidable.

For Veterans, it can be a little more complicated. We can help.

Some service related organisations may need to be advised and some assistance may be available for funeral expenses and arrangements depending on which rules apply.

We can provide assistance with:

  • Notifying DVA where the veteran or widow(er) was in receipt of incapacity payments, Service (Age) Pension, Aged Care or other benefits.
  • Claiming assistance from DVA, where there may be eligibility for funeral benefits, widow(er) and/or dependent pension or benefits or widow(er) Gold Card.
  • Notifying the Commonwealth Superannuation Corporation where the veteran was in receipt of military superannuation pensions or Invalidity Benefits from DFRB, DFRDB, MSBS, ADFSuper or ADFCover schemes and assistance in claiming any dependent’s pension or residual funds.
  • Conducting or arranging the conduct of a Poppy Service for the funeral or memorial service.

How to request bereavement services from DFWAQ

Contact the branch in one of the following ways:

(07) 2102 9879 (Leave a message and we will get back to you)


Or fill in the contact form below: